Friday, January 13, 2012


Seems like here lately I am spending quite a bit of time at the computer. So much so, that my hand has been giving me fits. The big problem was that I knitted three sweaters in the month of November. And really didn't give my right hand and wrist much of a rest. So I have overtaxed a tendon I am thinking and have tendonitis. So today got around to doing some thinking. I do have a wrist rest for my keyboard and it helps. Why not a rest for my mouse? So I thought, I could whip a crocheted/knitted rest up in a matter of an hour or so. I did look for a pattern on the internet, but didn't find any that I really liked. I read a brief note that putting in an hot/cold pack would also help. Then saw where several have put rice or barley as stuffing. And those can be heated/cooled as needed. Then it hit me. Why not take some fleece, make a little bag, add rice, and viola, a wrist rest for my mouse!!!!!!!!!!! I just happen to have some leftover fleece, sewed three sides, added about half cup of rice, sewed the fourth side and here it is in all it's glory. Fleece doesn't have to be turned and the seams can be plain as I did or fancy. Depending on your mood. Sure does work nice.

No comments: