Monday, May 10, 2010


A recent visitor to our home was our friend, Jane. As a hostess gift, she gave me a new knit/crochet book. It was how to get started on knitting/crocheting with wire and beads. The patterns are necklaces, bracelets, and earrings. I found the easiest pattern to practice with. Don't know if the wire I used was the right size or the beads that I also had leftover from previous craft projects. This was my first time crocheting with wire. It is an experience. I have done necklaces in the past with beads and thread. Remember those '70's crocheted necklaces every one had??? Spent the large part of the time threading the beads on the wire. Once I got into the swing of things, it went fairly fast. In fact, I crocheted these three strands in a couple of hours. And that counted putting the beads on the wire. I am gonna get some more wire and beads to do more of these simple necklaces. Found a pair of earrings to do also. It was fun to do these strands.

No comments: