Saturday, August 23, 2008

Yes, another project done with. I have all this left over lavender thread in my stash and decided that I wanted to work a pineapple doily with it. So here it is. This doily was designed by Priscilla Hewitt and is a free pattern on the internet. I love pineapple doilies and had made quite a few over the years. I have a plastic storage crate that is almost empty. I have a few doilies in there for gifts when needed. My thoughts are to fill this crate with all kinds of doilies. That way I would have lots of gifts when needed or to use through out the house.

I have been told that my great grandmother would be proud of my work. Well, she is a hero of mine. She lived to be 93 years old. And she crocheted with thread until her death, even though she had trouble seeing. For my marriage to my first husband, she crocheted a thread edging on a towel. Which I do have in my cedar chest to hand down to my son. Most times she would make her great grandchildren tired just trying to keep up with her. She was 16 when she had my grandmother and was bringing children into this world for the next 28 years. There for awhile, she and my grandmother were having children the same years, just months apart. And my great grandmother took care of my father's family when my grandmother couldn't. So she helped to raise my dad's family.

1 comment:

Patty said...

What a beautiful tribute. I forget that you are one generation farther back. Mom claimed your Dad, Aunts and Uncles as brothers and sisters. No wonder they grew up so close.
Grandma made me a lace edged towel (I think it was tatted but I am not sure. I'll have to get it out and look again) for our wedding. When my Mother saw it she cried. At that time Grandma was going blind.